Monday, February 27, 2012

mea culpa, Oscars edition

Dear Twitter followers,

I am so sorry about my endless nattering on about the Oscars last night. I literally can’t help myself. Apparently I felt the need to share my every thought about what, in my opinion, was a wretched ceremony last night.

Lo, it was so bad. And yet. I kept watching, the full, 3+ hours, mostly because my Twitter feed was so endlessly entertaining. (Not my personal contributions, I mean. Everyone else’s.) Social media has so much become the icing on the cake for big pop culture events, hasn’t it? Especially if you follow very funny, clever people, as I do (I am talking about you. And you, especially.) I mean, did you see that Angelina Jolie’s LEG had its own Twitter account by the end of the night? Amazing.

So, you know, apologies. But, of course, I can’t say it won’t happen again. The Tonys are up in June.

With love,

A Tweet-Happy Pop Culture Mega-Junkie

2 comments:

Dwayne "The Train" said...

i for one could not get enough of your tweetings.

lgaumond said...

You're really apologizing for tweeting about the Oscars? Is this Dwayne's fault?

I wasn't watching the show last night, so this morning I got caught up on what happened via your (AND EVERYONE ELSE'S) Twitter feeds. Thank you!