Friday, August 14, 2009

weekend. update.

Sorry that’s it’s been so quiet here this past week – I really don’t have much to talk about. Greg is basically recovered from his virus, but I’ve been feeling kinda crappy for most of the week. It’s been overall really quiet and – dare I say – boring around here. Which I know can be a good thing.

This weekend promises to be busy. Greg and I are actually going out alone tonight – to have dinner with real, adult-sized people – and leaving Jane with my niece, who is almost 14. I’m excited to have finally taken advantage of her as an official babysitter, versus begging my sisters, mother and mother-in-law to babysit. This just feels better, because we’re paying her, and I don’t feel guilty about asking, like I do with the others. Plus, it will be nice to go out and not have to hold my breath the entire time that Jane won’t lose her shit.

Tomorrow we are going out on the boat with some of my friends, and then tomorrow night I’m going to dinner and a show with Todd and Alan. Yes, you read that right – I’m going out TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW. And by “going out,” I don’t mean rehearsal! It’s amazing.

Sunday another friend of mine is coming over in the morning with her son, and then we are going to a birthday party in the afternoon. Like I said – it’s busy. I wish I felt better, and not so run down, but other than that, I’m psyched it’s Friday, particularly because there is no rain in the forecast for the weekend, which, if you live in the Northeast, you know is an early Christmas miracle.

What are you up to?

5 comments:

lgaumond said...

What a coincidence, I went out on a boat with friends on Saturday, too. I hope you had as nice of a time as I did.

Amanda said...

I don't know why I didn't give you a shout-out in my weekend reporting - I think I was half asleep when I wrote this.

N said...

I call adults "real people", too, which always makes me pause, because of course toddlers are people, even though they don't always seem like it...

Laurie said...

Hope you had a nice time! And woohoo for no rain! We went to Cape Cod and it was actually nice both days - shocker! : )

Ughhh...we really need to find someone to become our babysitter. Cna your neice come here ;)

Amanda said...

Laurie - I'd send her right up to you if she had a car! Alas, she's only 13. : )