Friday, March 18, 2011

weekend update.

Wow. How is it Friday again already? This week has been crazy (don’t I say that every week? Why, yes, yes I do.) and I have no small amount of relief that the weekend is here. As part of Lent this year, I will once again be totally offline (hopefully) this weekend, but I wanted to quickly do a weekend update for you:

Friday night: Rehearsal. This is our second night in the auditorium where we will be performing the show. Last night went OK, but hopefully tonight will be better (as I am sure it will be). It’s always rough going when you move from the rehearsal space to the actual stage – getting used to the space, the set (which is very cool), the props, the actual (instead of fake) stairs, etc. Of course, I totally love it – but at this point it’s a matter of figuring out solutions and answering questions. After rehearsal we are having “dress rehearsal” for our cast party, i.e., going out to drink.

Saturday: NO PLANS. OK, OK, I have to do laundry and a Target run and all of the usual stuff, but I have no official plans and I AM THRILLED. Greg is going down to the boat to do some work on it, so Jane and I will be hanging all day. She has been telling me lately how much she misses me (cue MAJOR GUILT) so this will be a good chance to make up for all of my absences due to the show.

Sunday: Speaking of which, I have rehearsal for that again on Sunday night, and every night next week until we open on Thursday. I know this seems like a lot of work for only a three-night run, but we all love it. Most of the time. Also, Sunday is the FIRST DAY OF SPRING. Wahooo!

And what are you doing this weekend?

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Other than soaking in this gorgeous weather, I have no plans this weekend and I'm thrilled about it.

Stereo said...

This weekend = gym, cleaning, cooking and reading where I can. I'm actually enjoying it. Work looms :(