Sunday, November 29, 2009

My weekend in review

I was sick. Worst head cold I've had in years. Floored me. I was literally shaking with chills on Thursday night and Friday (oh yeah, Thursday. Otherwise known as Thanksgiving.).

I don't know why I put so much stock into these long holiday weekends. Anytime I seem to really look forward to a solid block of time off is exactly when the fates laugh hysterically and I/Jane/Greg get super-sick. I was the worst one by far this time. So far Greg has managed to escape it. We didn't do much in the way of fun. Did a LOT of feeling sorry for myself.

So now I head into a ridiculously busy work week, still feeling awful and completely unprepared.

I certainly hope your holiday was much better.

PS I know I sound like an idiotic whiner.

4 comments:

lgaumond said...

No, you sound like an unlucky mom who deserves a friggin break. I'm sorry you had a crappy weekend.

Lora said...

you don't sound like a whiner.
you sound like you are sick and tired.

I hope you are on the mend.

Laurie said...

Ugh, that's awful! I hope you feel better asap. Hugs!!

N said...

It's not whining - it's venting. We all need to do it sometimes, especially if we've been clobbered by evil germs. Hope you feel better soon!