Sunday, January 24, 2010

weekend update: potty training, part deux

I'm not going to rail on and on about my potty training experience this weekend like I did last time - and, you're welcome for that! What I will say is this - this has been yet another loooong ass weekend stuck in the house, but we are most definitely making progress. They have been working with her at daycare this week but, although she did sit on the potty there, she didn't have any success. She did really well with us in the mornings and evenings - although she is still COMPLETELY terrified of pooping in the tub. That part is awful, and so far, there is nothing we can do to fix it.

This weekend, the progress continued. There have been several instances when she would tell us she had to go (otherwise, it was just asking her and she finally deciding that yes, it was time). She's still in pull-ups and I think we will rely on those for some time. Today we all even left the house for about 40 minutes to go to Target - that was huge! Although I still dread the day she has to use the public restroom. That gives me the heebie jeebies like nobody's business. Especially because she really likes to grip the seat and watch the flushing.

I know you were just DYING to know how it was coming - so there you have it! My life - just like a celebrity's, only more pee-soaked.

No comments: