Friday, January 01, 2010

resolution.

I love New Year's resolutions. What I hate about them, though, is that so often they are about depriving yourself of something, like food and calories, or forcing yourself to do something loathesome, like exercise. I've gone down that road many times, with some success and lots of failure. Either way, there is something about a new year that feels like a fresh slate, although of course you are just carrying the same baggage/issues/habits/cellulite that you had the day before. (OK, I just Googled "cellulite" to make sure I spelled it right because it looked funny to me, and WOAH, don't do that. If I want to look at pics like that, I'll just look at my ass in the mirror.) (Sorry, guys.)

ANYWAY, my resolution for 2010 is this: to LIGHTEN THE EFF UP. I am taking myself and my problems and life in general way too seriously as of late, and I need to chill out. I've talked about this before but I am really going to make an effort to put my energy and focus into calming, centering, and lightening up. Sometimes life doesn't allow you to do this, I know, but as much as possible, this is my goal.

Do you have any resolutions this year? (Your resolution SHOULD be to comment more on my blog. Yes, I am talking to YOU.)

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I haven't committed to any resolutions yet so I think that I will resolve to help you lighten up this year. I suggest a big curly rainbow wig as a start.