Friday, February 05, 2010

weekend. update.

So it's the weekend. It's 7:15 p.m. on Friday night, but my work week has not yet ended. I have to go back to work at 10 p.m. to do something (since I don't officially talk about work here I will refer to it as *something*) (which sounds quite mysterious, actually), and I will FINALLY be done with this really-long-feeling week by 11 p.m.-ish. I felt the need to complain about working late here, since I've already done it on Facebook, Twitter, and to anyone unfortunate enough to talk to me today.

This week I managed to pinch my sciatic nerve whilst giving Jane a bath. Jane continues to refuse to bathe like a regular person because of her fear of pooping in the tub, so now our bathtime routine is chock full of toys, bubbles, crying and now, extreme pain. I was sort of swinging Jane around to pop bubbles and I think that's when I managed to break myself. And now I can barely walk without making weird grunty noises.

All that said - it's the weekend (in four hours)! And here's what's up:

Saturday: We're going to my in-laws tomorrow during the day, because we have to get out of this god forsaken house. Luckily Connecticut is missing out on the GREAT STORM O' THE UNIVERSE ON ALL TIME so no snow for us! And for me, that's a big, fat YAY. Saturday night I have a hottt date with Todd and Alan. We will be going to work house at Hole in the Wall and see this show.

Sunday: It's Super Bowl Sunday, and I am certain there are at least two teams playing. I have no idea who they are, however. Still, like a good American, I will be going to a Super Bowl party, and plan to focus exclusively on eating crap food and shushing people during the commercials.

What are you doing this weekend?

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Shane and I are going to a Super Bowl party too...though I don't think it can REALLY be considered a true party considering it's only going to be us and the couple whose house we're going to...

Lora said...

I hate giving my child a bath. HATE. In fact, I won't do it. THat's a man job in my house. Needless to say, the boy runs dirty for long stretches at a time.