Thursday, April 15, 2010

I used to be good at this blogging thing....




Hey! Long time, no see! You look great. Have you lost weight?

So. Once again, I am a terrible blogger. I feel like I start off practically every entry with an apology. Besides, who reads this thing anyway? And I’ve been busy. Also sick. And the dog ate my homework.

After we hosted Easter, it was on to a week of birthdays. My mom’s birthday was Tuesday and Greg’s birthday was Wednesday. That’s right, two of the heaviest-hitters in my life have their birthdays one right after the other. This is obviously not fair. My siblings and I planned a birthday “dinner” (not party, because she said she didn’t want a party, but really, it was like a party, in that there was 20 people there and it was a surprise - but we kept it as low-key as possible. Kind of. Not really. I mean, I wore a DRESS.) for my mom’s 70th, but because that wasn’t until Saturday- my mom though she was just going to a restaurant with me and my siblings on Saturday, and instead the dinner/party was at my sister’s house – I also took her out for a small dinner on Tuesday night, her actual birthday. Basically we went out and got hot dogs. What? That’s fancy! (By the way, I realize this paragraph is kind of difficult to read, but I’m too tired to fix it.)

Wednesday was Greg’s birthday, so I took the day off and we went down to the boat. It was over 90 degrees that day, and although I am totally loving the fact that summer came early last week, it was a lot to take, heat-wise. But I’m not complaining, Mother Nature! No way! In fact, all of this nice weather has confirmed it to me that I need to move somewhere where the weather is nice all the time. Because you just naturally feel better, you know?

The rest of the week was taken up by getting ready for my mom’s birthday celebration, so of course by the time I woke up on Sunday morning, I was sick. It’s just a stupid cold but it is making my head incredibly foggy (as you can clearly tell by this post).

And this week? Has been boring. Jane gets up at 4:30 a.m. if not earlier - so I'm not entirely with it. Oh also, we're going through a potty-training regression. So much for my potty-training success cake from Lisa.

So yeah. That’s where I’ve been.
(I've added the pictures to make this post more interesting.)
(But hey, even though my posts are boring, at least I haven't completely quit blogging, like you, you, you, and you. Give me something to read, people!)

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Hey! I said I was taking a BREAK, not quitting!

And maybe Jane was regressing because she wanted to do something to remind me to make your cake! You are long overdue, my patient, potty-training friend!

Audrey said...

I haven't quit either! I'm just incredibly lazy about blogging...because I feel like I don't have anything interesting to write about. But I did finally blog the other day!