Monday, May 02, 2011

tremendous.

I went to bed early last night.

When I woke up this morning, the whole world had changed.

Watching the news and going online has brought to the surface a lot of the feelings I had on 9/11.

I find myself so, so upset at people - some of my friends - who have taken this moment to shit on Obama for whatever reason.

This is a triumph for our country. All of us. Even those of us who don't feel comfortable celebrating a death. I understand this. Truly.

But there are others who - rather defensively, I think - are using yesterday's events to air their petty political complaints. I'm not talking about people opposing war, violence, things like that. I'm talking about people who are saying that who does Obama think he is, he wasn't looking for him in the caves himself, it's not like he was the one firing the guns, why is he taking all the credit, etc. etc.

I ask, who else is the appropriate person to make the announcement to our country, other than our Commander in Chief?

I also say, get a fucking grip, people.

I only hope yesterday brought peace to the family and friends of the victims of 9/11.

For that, I celebrate.

5 comments:

Shane said...

I didn't see George Bush looking in any caves either.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you. I'm so weary of the vitriol.

Brandee said...

Unfortunately, racism plays a huge factor...more than any other thing. It wouldn't matter if Obama was looking in every cave & under every rock himself. President Obama would never get the credit.

I do not celebrate bin Laden's death; but, I'm grateful that we have a president willing to make the hard decisions.

ShanLeigh said...

Such a tricky situation. An emotional time for both sides. Good for you for stating your opinion and taking a stand.

Stereo said...

This is something I'm going to HAVE to post on. I try to avoid writing about this kind of thing for the most part but I can't ignore this. It's too hard.