Tuesday, November 06, 2012

vote: 30 Days of Thanks

So yesterday I told Jane she didn’t have school today, and she asked why.
 
So I told her it was Election Day, and that we were voting for the President of the United States.
 
“The President of the United States, huh,” she said. “Does this mean you’re going to get all crazy, Mommy?”
 
From the mouths of babes.
 
It’s Election Day in America. I love this day so hard. I’ll be camping out in front of the television tonight, laptop fired up, waiting with a nauseous stomach for the results to come in, hoping and praying this guy wins again.
 
We may not always – or ever – agree on what the outcome should be, but the freedom to vote and speak our minds? I’m thankful for that.
 
 
Jane on Election Day in 2008. I didn't take her this year as I was running off to work right after.
 
 
This post is part of the #30DaysofThanks project. Check it out.

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thankful too. Even though it didn't turn out how I had hoped. I'm more upset about a couple of my state candidates who did not get in. But I am hopeful because of the energy I see and the people I met along the way this election season. All in all, it was a good year.