Sunday, October 24, 2010

weekend recap.

Hi friends!

Sorry I've been so absent. I stage crewed a show this week, Oliver!. If you follow me on Twitter at all, then you got the exciting play-by-play of my week. If not, here it is in a nutshell: I worked on the stage crew with a bunch of teenage boys all week. I learned that teenage boys haven't changed very much in the past 20 years. The set for the show was extremely heavy and hard to move. I got callouses on my hands from rope burn and from picking up heavy stuff. We didn't do a full run-through (in one night) until dress rehearsal. This is a little bit scary from a tech point of view. The shows themselves actually went really well. A lot of people came. I think, in my utter exhaustion yesterday, I agreed to direct the spring show. WTF?? I'm sure you can imagine Greg's excitement when I let him in on that news today.

Yesterday was also my wedding anniversary. Yup, I managed to be out of the house and away from Greg from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 a.m. (this morning, post-set strike and cast party). Not the most romantic of anniversaries, but that's how we roll. It was also Jimmy's fifth birthday! Yeah Jimmy! How have we managed not to kill him in frustration during all that time?

Today we went to a one-year-old's birthday party. I am so tired from hell week and this weekend that I could barely keep my eyes open.

I'm thinking of participating in NaBloPoMo next month. Am I crazy?

1 comment:

Debra said...

Yes! ;)


*Happy B-Day Jimmy!