Friday, November 04, 2011

tgif. for reals.

For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you know that we got hit with the freakiest of freak snowstorms last Saturday that dumped 15 inches of heavy wet snow, took down many many trees and wires statewide, plunging nearly a million customers into darkness for days on end, including us. We were out of power for six days, and lived down with our in-laws, who live at the beach an hour away. While INCREDIBLY grateful for their generosity - really - I was about as happy as I've ever been when the lights (and heat) (and water) came back on yesterday. Today I find myself incredibly exhausted. So I am here to say THANK YOU to those of you participating in my little 30 Days of Thanks project. Despite the stress of the past few days, I have been able to look at the bright side of each day. Hope you're joining in. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm hoping things are getting better for you! It will be our turn for snow soon! Thanks for the 30 days suggestion. I'm doing it and thinking of you as I write each day of thanks on Twitter.

Kim said...

Hugs! So glad you had a warm place to go. And yes, I'm glad for the #30daysofthanks, too... I am not good at being mindful and it does me a world of good. I love seeing those tweets come through my stream.