Well, I am clearly having a case of the old writer’s block over here. I hate that shit. There are a few things I’d love to hash out on the blog, but it’s not really public consumption stuff. So what to say, what to say…I guess the only thing to do is approach this like I would do a writing project at work. My first step, always, is bullet points!
Today we’ll keep it light (which is what I choose to do instead of glopping on about shit I don’t want to talk about anymore) (like the $500 someone stole from my checking account at an ATM with my pin number and I won’t get it back until the bank straightens it all out OMG I NEED MY MONEY) (and how I’m PMS’ing hardcore and sad and think I’m simultaneously going through perimenopause) (not really) (but maybe) (TMI?).
With that, I give you the things I most love about early fall:
- The fact that it’s still close to summer, so there are warm days but we (usually, not this week) get rid of the nasty humidity and extreme temps
- My birthday, naturally.
- Fall festival season! There is a big fall festival in my hometown that I love love love going to, most especially for the delicious apple fritters. There are none better in all of the lands. Ever.
- The fact that hot coffee is cheaper than iced coffee (why is this?).
- Candy corn – I think I’m the only adult who could easily eat and enjoy a whole bag of this
- Lovely leaves
- Halloween!! (see: my love of candy and the fact I now have a kid who I can steal candy from. No seriously. I do this.)
- Fall television. Additional thoughts on new shows: Love Ben and Kate. Lucy Punch is gold on that show. Partners – terrible, which is extra sad because I loved Michael Urie on Ugly Betty and I wanted to love him in this. Alas. Also: did you know this is the first season of Survivor that I haven't watched since it premiered in 2000, 20+ seasons ago? The tribe has spoken, I suppose. Tonight I shall check out Elementary.
- All things apple, pumpkin and cinnamon, in particular today the pumpkin munchkins I got from Dunkin Donuts. Yes, I will have more, please.
- Buying new fall clothes with my birthday gift certificates/cash. I cannot wait for this.
Do you love early fall? Why?