Wednesday, January 02, 2013

and then it was 2013.

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! We did. Jimmy and I managed to stay awake til midnight watching Dick Clark/Ryan Seacrest's Rockin' New Year's Eve (or whatever it's called now) after Greg, Jane and I got home from our friends' house at 10. Side note re: this broadcast: why did Fergie have her hand on her hip every time they showed her? Every. Single. Time. I'm no model or anything, but try a new pose every once in a while, Fergie! Anyway, we hosted our annual New Year's Day party yesterday with great success, and I have to say I was simply SHOCKED this morning when I woke up and realized I had to be a productive member of society again. WHATEVER, society. Also, my stomach is really mad at me for not feeding it any cookies today. WHATEVER, pants that are starting to get a little tight.

WHATEVER.

I want this year to be great, I really do. I made a lot of social plans today to help move this gloomy month of January along. I'm also helping out with my theater group's production of Li'l Abner, which goes up next month. Speaking of which, I have to run off to rehearsal for that now. Happy New Year, friends. Let's kick ass, shall we?

Jimmy looks thrilled to be my midnight date, doesn't he?



2 comments:

Kim said...

I will proceed to kick ass, but only because you've told me to.

It was a nice holiday, all things considered--lots of work and Myron wasn't here. But I have earned myself a lovely break soon so I'll be having Christmas in February. Or else.

Stereo said...

Why hello, gorgeous!

And yes, this year will be nothing short of awesome. It has to be since 2012 sucked a big one all the way through.

Tell your pants to stop hatin'.