Friday, January 04, 2013

weekend update.

Why is it that three-day work weeks always feel the longest? Particularly after 11 days off? Well, it's finally Friday Friday Friday and I am thrilled. (Although, to be honest, it has been nice to get back into the regular routine as well. Stuffing cookies in my mouth-hole all day isn't an especially productive use of my time, although it IS delicious.)

Oh oh oh, and I have my car back after two and a half weeks! Greg did all of the repair work and then we had it totally painted - so my 2002 Honda Accord looks shiny and new! Whoo hoo! And now, like Greg said, we're just waiting to see if the whole thing falls into pieces when it hits a speed bump.

So. Weekend. This weekend we are headed off to New Jersey to stay with Greg's old college roommate, Dimitry, his wife Jackie, and their two kids. I THINK the kids are now all old enough to play with each other and maybe give us 30-second bursts of peace, but we'll see. No matter, I'm excited to get out of the house for the weekend. It's hilarious how much our weekends with Dimitry have changed over the past 11 years - we used to stay in his bachelor pad in Jersey City and go into Manhattan til all hours. Now we'll be lucky if we stay up until 10.

AND my excitement over the return of THIS and my darling Matthew Crawley on Sunday night cannot be overstated. CAN. NOT.


3 comments:

Kim said...

I truly hope that you love your thirteen (or fourteen?) weeks of Downton Abbey, because you waited like a good girl instead of jumping the gun like me. (You did, didn't you?)

Alan said...

Have you done something jolly with your hair?

Alan said...

Have you done something jolly with your hair?