Friday, March 01, 2013

IMHO, you should check out my new blog.

Oh, hello.

Here's the deal: I'm collaborating on a new blog with my friends Lisa and Dwayne. Why, you ask? Well, let me post my introduction from my new blog to explain:

Lisa, who I’ve named President of this Blog, has instructed me to write about why I wanted to do this blogging thing with her and Dwayne. And since she is, as I’ve mentioned, President of the Blog, I will do what she says. The truth is, the reason is because I think they’ll make me look good, because they are super funny and entertaining. And because I was getting very very lazy about posting on my personal blog, but I still want to blog, if that makes any sense. Which is doesn’t. (This will be a theme in my writing, as you will see.) What you will find here is not so much me talking about Jane and my own personal life, but me talking about stuff I like (theater, Downton Abbey, Don Draper, candy), stuff I hate (winter, animated movies, Glee, snow, winter, ice, winter), an overload of pop culture musings (for example: why Johnny Lee Miller is a superior Sherlock Holmes, no matter what Dwayne says), the adventures of turning 40 this year (will it be “40 and Fabulous”? or “40 and I Can’t Believe I’m F*!&ing 40”?) and other such nonsense. The fact is, I have opinions. Many of them. And I get twitchy if I can’t share them. So enjoy.

As you know, I've become lazy over here. The reason that's happened is so many of the things going on in my life are really not for public consumption right now. I use this space as a diary of sorts, and I still do, but by eliminating aspects of my life from this space - like Jane's life (now that I realize it is truly her life now, not a baby's life that provided such good blog fodder for five years) and my work life (I've NEVER used that for the blog, and never will) I was running out of things to say, you know?

But one thing I absolutely adore is talking abou pop culture, theater, television, books, movies, blah diddy blah blah blah. I've done some of that here, but by collaborating with my IRL buddies Dwayne and Lisa, we'll be able to keep our blog hopping with posts much more on the reg than you've seen here lately.

I AM going to keep posting here, by the way. One thing that I am very excited about participating in is round two of Scintilla, which I plan on participating in both over here and on the other blog. (Probably mostly here.)

I hope you'll join us over on IMHO...I think it's going to be a lot of fun! Or, at least a lot of snark.

No comments: