Wednesday, April 11, 2007

complainy mcwhineypants

This has been such a crraaazy couple of weeks in my life. I feel like I never went on vacation - any zen-like effects of spending time in the sun are completely gone. Most days I feel like I'm running around in 20 different directions and nothing is getting done quite right. I can divide up my problems into three categories: work, pregnancy, impending parenthood.

As for work, well, I don't talk about work here. Suffice to say there is a lot going on right now, and with 15 weeks to go (at most) until maternity leave, I've got a ton of stuff that has to be completed before then. 15 weeks may seem like a long time, but time has a tendency of flying by in a very inconvenient way.

As for pregnancy, well, I'm now 25 weeks pregnant, and winding up the second trimester. I feel very physically different than I did even a couple of weeks ago - I'm bigger, the baby is moving around a lot more, the sciatica is absolutely excruciating at some times. I feel like I'm short of breath at some points, I have some pretty spectacular heartburn episodes, there's numbness in my leg on occasion, and I'm overall just feeling really tired and slow. Which, when you have a lot to accomplish in your regular life, doesn't really work. Anyway, blah diddy blah blah blah. It's just the same crap you hear from any pregnant lady (and believe me, I'm eliminating some of the really distasteful issues that have cropped up), and I'm sure no one wants to hear it.

As for impending parenthood, well, holy shit. And that's all I can really say about that.

Now, aren't you so glad you read this post?

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Yes, in fact, I am.

You are growing a human being. You are absolutely allowed and expected to complain. In fact I should never be allowed to complain again - it's not like I have an elbow in my spine or a tiny rump on my bladder.

Optimistic Diva said...

I think you have every reason to complain! I'll always be willing to listen to it (or at least read it.) And points to Lisa for throwing out the phrase, "Tiny rump on the bladder."