Monday, July 02, 2007

ok, now we're really ready

We came up with a boy name. You know, just in case. It's a boy. Which it's not going to be. Because they told me it's a girl. And I'm totally mentally prepared it's a girl. But if it's a boy, he will have a name. And that name is _______________________. (Seriously - did you think I would tell?)

Lisa pointed me in the direction of a birth story over on Amalah - she's a funny DC-area chick who has a very entertaining blog. After I read the birth story I started reading the rest of her blog - it's pretty good and quite amusing. While she blogs about everything (not just her kid), there are much more kid-centric blogs over at Strollerderby that I've started reading a lot. I highly suggest the Baby Daddy one - pretty funny stuff from the point of view of a first-time dad.

I think this is a pretty good time to be a first-time parent, what with all of the info and blogs and everything on the interwebs. You just basically realize that no matter how original you think your problems are - someone else has had them.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

That's right. My mom was a maternity nurse for 20+ years and always said to the freaking out moms in labor, you're not the first person ever to have a baby. It's comforting to think that way. About everything, not just babies.