Sunday, April 26, 2009

weekend. recap.

I am sitting outside right now. OUTSIDE at 7:30 p.m. SEVEN THIRTY PEE EMM. I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I am not cold. It is not raining, or snowing, and it doesn't seem like it's going to do either for a long time. I will probably sit out here for another half hour before it's dark out.

It is amazing what a difference the weather makes. This goes double with a toddler. Just having the option to go outside and look for rocks in the driveway, or blow bubbles, or run circles around a (parked) car - oh, it is glorious. All without jackets and sweaters and layers. Jane and I rocked our shorts and t-shirts all weekend. Do you have any idea how much easier it is to stuff a kid in a carseat minus the winter coat?

Our weekend was pretty good. Yesterday we bummed around West Hartford Center, got some new shoes for Jane, and had an impromptu cookout last night. Today Greg was doing boat stuff and Jane and I went to a baptism, and then she took a 2.5 hour nap.

Glorious, I tell you.

So, as you can see - the itinerary wasn't any more exciting than any other weekend. But with the temps in the 80s, I would say it was the best weekend so far this year.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

i SO hear you!! it was absolutely gorgeous here as well : )

yellaphant said...

AGREED!