Friday, July 08, 2011

the finish line.

Wowza, this work week was crayzee. This is of note in particular because I only worked three days. But I got a lot done and am breathing easier than I was earlier this week. I even had some time today to purge files in anticipation of next week's office move. Yes - after eight years in the same office, I'm moving. It is truly astounding how much shit you can accumulate in that amount of time.

VERY pleased that it's the weekend. Jane and I are having a sleepover in my bed because Greg is down at the boat tonight, fixing something or another. He likes sleeping there and I don't so everyone's happy.

Tomorrow we have another birthday party (July is super-heavy with birthday parties amongst my circle) in the afternoon, and I might start thinking of putting things together to pack for our vacation the week after next, but let's be real - this is not going to happen.

Sunday I am working house for my theater group's production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I am usually VERY involved in the summer production, but this year I'm a lobby worker bee and that's it. I miss it - but I am so relieved that's all I did. It's an awesome show and I'm jealous I don't have my name on it, though!

So, yeah. Low key. Tell me what you are up to this weekend!

Side note: Junior had a vet appointment today. We finally decided to talk to the vet about how he is limping and stiff a lot lately in his back legs. He's an eight-year-old Great Dane - so I was expecting the worst. But she said it was probably some arthritis and gave him some joint supplements. So that was good good good!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Enjoy your w/e! And SO glad that Jr. is okay! :)