Today's prompt asks: What are 12 things your life doesn’t need in 2012? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 12 things change your life?
Wow. I have to say something – and this is going to be shocking – but I’m pretty happy with life right now. If you remember, during last year's reverb project I made FUN my priority word for 2011. And, even though I have never, ever assigned a word to a year before, I really stuck to this idea for the past 12 months. It was constantly in the back of my head while making decisions throughout the year. And I plan to continue that focus when the calendar flips. Now, it’s not like this was the very best year of my life, or anything, but the idea of thinking of 12 things in my life that I would like to eliminate seems daunting – so I will see how far I get.
1) Snow. My life doesn’t need snow. But what it does need are friends and family. And the fact is, the bulk of my friends and family are right here in CT, with me. Where it is cold. Where we will soon have snow (you know – let’s just pretend that whole 15 inches in October thing didn’t happen). (Oh, who am I fooling – it scarred me for life.) My ideal place to live is San Diego. And maybe someday that will happen. But as much as I talk about it now, I know for a fact it’s not going to happen anytime soon - by choice. So, looks like I won’t be able to eliminate snow after all. Cue the BIG DRAMATIC SIGH.
2) Shitty attitudes. From myself, or anyone else. I am super snarky (I know this is shocking for you to hear) but I really do try not to have a shitty attitude. I go there sometimes; of course. We all do. But it tends to make my stomach hurt when I’m all stuffed up with negativity. I know I'm not all sunshine and ponies - and it freaks people out when I am, frankly - but snark and sarcasm do not equal shitty - at least in my book.
3) These 8 extra pounds. (But hey! Now it’s 8! Instead of 10! Yay!)
4) My Blackberry addiction. I am addicted to this thing like oxygen. It’s pathetic. And I know it. I need to make a practice of leaving it at home sometimes. Stupid blinking red light is like crack.
5) Caffeine. HA HA HAAA there is NO WAY I am totally eliminating caffeine. But I have been having trouble sleeping lately and I think I need to go back to (once again) only having one caffeinated beverage a day. And more water. FINE, MORE WATER.
6) Excuses. Excuses for not exercising (although I have become SO MUCH BETTER at this lately. Proud of that.) and excuses for not writing. Who cares if my life is dull as shit? I can still make you read about it. : )
OK, OK, now I am just digging around in my head trying to come up with something else – so I’ll stop. Six things ain’t so bad. Wish me luck!