Friday, April 13, 2012

oh hey! It's April.

Where the hell have I been?

This blog has been painfully neglected since the end of Scintilla. So what have I been up to, anyway?

Well, last week was total balls to the wall. Greg was away all week in Florida for work. In the meantime, I had to be a single parent (ALL HAIL THE SINGLE PARENT quickly became my mantra), spring clean the house like a crazy person, shop for birthday presents for my mom, whose birthday was last Friday, and Greg, whose 40th birthday was last Saturday. I also had to shop and prep for Greg’s birthday party that I was hosting on Saturday night, and Easter, which I was hosting a mere 18 hours later, on Sunday.

Whew, right?

I also had to take Jane to dance class, I auditioned for a show (and got a part), I took Jane to another kindergarten orientation meeting, and took her to see my friend’s production of Seussical the musical.

Saturday was the most excellent party for Greg. Oh, here's something funny that happened that day. When I went to go pick up his cake at Stop and Shop (I had ordered it a few days earlier) they had no record of my order. This was three hours before the start of the party. They were all over it though - they had a new cake for me in 15 minutes and didn't charge me. Yay, Stop and Shop!

When the party ended around 11:30, I re-cleaned the house for Easter, and even remembered to do the crucial Easter Bunny duties. Five hours later, I was up getting dinner started. Overall, the weekend was fun and we saw lots of family and friends. Or something. I'm not sure - it was all a blur.

Seriously – I hardly remember anything. But it was worth it, because there seemed to be many happy faces at my house all weekend. Or maybe they were drunk. I don’t know.

Monday I felt like I was in a coma.

And Tuesday, I started rehearsal for the new show I’m in. I’ll be rehearsing three nights a week for four hours, and the nights I have off I need to cram to learn my lines, which we are supposed to be off-book for in two weeks. This is the funniest thing ever, if you know anything about theater. I’m really excited about this show, and the cast, and the fact that I am doing something for ME for the next seven weeks, but it’s going to be intense and time-consuming.

As for this weekend: we are off to another birthday party for one of Jane's peeps tomorrow afternoon. All of my friends will be there as well, so it should be good times. I have rehearsal Sunday night. And I should probably make out with my script for a while. That’s my weekend itinerary, at the moment.

Oh, oh, oh – I almost forgot. I’ve lost 14.5 pounds on the 17 Day Diet! This Sunday marks day 17 of the second cycle. On Monday I begin the third cycle, which introduces many more foods, like BREAD. OH YES BREAD.

And do you want to know a secret? I am PMS-ing so hard right now and I’m so hungry that this afternoon I trreated myself to a real lunch. I had fajitas. I’d been FANTASIZING about fajitas in a nearly an x-rated way for the past couple of weeks. And I haven’t cheated at all for the past month-plus, except for a piece of candy and a spoonful of mashed potatoes on Easter. So today, I had a real lunch - and promptly felt like shit for the rest of the day. And, perhaps, tomorrow's weigh in will show a 13.5 loss instead of a 14.5 loss, but what are you going to do.

And how are you these days?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SIGH OF RELIEF! A new blog post by someone! Knock me over with a feather! It was getting longly and too quiet out here in the blogosphere! I've missed you! LOVE your zany life and your fun-filled, funny updates.
Welcome back my friend and don't let it be so long before you write on here again! *shakes finger Just kidding. MISSED YOU! Congrats on the part!!! :)

Bryan Austermann said...

I enjoy reading about your life.

Also congrats on the weight loss! It appears you've been working quite hard. I would say the same, but I have a Crumbs cupcake less than two feet away from me. But I've been going so hard the past few weeks, I don't think I've gotten fat. We shall find out on May 9th when I arrive back in Southwick and get on the scale!

I am also very excited about you being in a show! WHEN DOES IT GO UP!? I actually think that I can go to it.

And as always, I love you. Cuz you be awesome and hilarious.