Friday, November 24, 2006

black friday

Well, we had a very nice Thanksgiving. Once of the nicest things about it was the fact I won $66 in a dice game called LCR. It's awesome, because it involves no skill, everyone gets really excited and into it, and well, I won two games. Otherwise, it was nice to see everyone, and, as usual, my sister cooks up a mean feast.

Today is the dreaded Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, the day where the malls and my general area of living becomes choked with people celebrating the season by maxing out their credit cards. I kind of forgot about it until we hit the intersection that brings us from our residential area to the main atery of chaos -near the mall and across from Corbins Corner - and I saw all of the traffic. Instead of dealing with that, we took the dogs to West Hartford Center for a walk, got lunch at Cosi, and now I'm watching an America's Next Top Model marathon on VH-1. Yeah, I'm a dork, but I'm really tired today, so I'm going to try not to feel too guilty.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with Todd and Alan, so it is sure to be a fabulous night. We are going to a restaurant in Southington that I've never been to. God, I hope I don't see anyone from high school.

No comments: