Wednesday, August 01, 2007

living in a maternity world


So we came home from the hospital a week ago today. It feels like it went by in a flash - most likely because I don't get more than 1-2 hours of sleep in a row, ever, so it kind of just feels like one long day. It really seems like the days go by so quickly, even though I don't do much. Pretty much the whole goal of each day is to feed the baby, change the baby, try to get the baby to sleep in the crib, and, if she's not having it, holding the baby while she sleeps. But somehow this doesn't seem boring or monotonous. The days, so far, don't seem like long stretches of boredom. I'm having a great time, yet, when I think about what to write about on this blog, I don't think I want to detail the latest poop extravaganza or who is on the View. I will say that daytime television totally blows, and our TiVo is completely depleted, so that kind of stinks. The nights can be difficult. She likes to start the party around midnight and really not settle down until the morning, so I'm up mostly straight through, with a possible hour or two of sleep. But all in all, it's pretty great times over here right now.


I will say this - in the middle of the night the other night, I ran across a marathon of "The Hills," and I'm kind of addicted. What is this show? I can't figure out if it's reality or not reality or a mix of both. That show, along with "Laguna Beach," were always off my radar because I really didn't understand the point. I still don't, but at 3 a.m., it all starts to make sense.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

She's getting cuter and cuter!