Friday, March 28, 2008

do you hate me?





Dear Internets,

Do you hate me? I'm sorry I've been MIA. I thought about blogging a couple of nights this week, but I realized all I would do would be bitching and moaning as usual. What makes tonight different? Well, it's Friday! So the bitching and moaning comes with the relief that I have survived another work week.

Easter went well, thanks for asking! We had a load of people here and they all seemed to enjoy themselves. Jane picked that day to start her separation anxiety routine that apparently kicks in at this age. Yes, although there were plenty of people here who hadn't seen her in a long time and wanted to hold her and play with her, she only wanted to be with mommy. Mommy had lots of stuff to do, so she was hoping that Jane embrace her role as the pre-dinner entertainment, but it was not to be. Despite her crankiness, she sure looked cute and received a seemingly limitless number of stuffed bunnies and cute outfits. It was practically like Christmas all over again, with all of the gifts.

Work. Sigh. Busy times a million.

Jane's first tooth finally started poking out this week! Thank God for it too, because the fanfare - crying, drooling, general misery - has abounded over the past few weeks.

I'm going to see two shows this weekend! Tomorrow night I'm going to see Fatal Attraction: A Greek Tragedy at Hole in the Wall with Todd and Alan, who, I believe, plan on gloating about the fabulousness of their recent Tucson trip. Then Sunday night I'm going to see Twelve Angry Men at The Bushnell. These are the first two shows I'm seeing since before Jane was born. Can you believe that madness? And I call myself a theater person.

So, um, that's all here. Happy weekend!

Love,
Amanda


PS I've included some pictures that will hopefully go a long way in terms of earning your forgiveness for my blogging negligence.

3 comments:

Flann said...

That first picture is beautiful!

Optimistic Diva said...

I will never hate you, but I might dislike you a little bit because you get daily access to smooches from Junior.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.