Friday, January 09, 2009

good stuff friday

Oh Lord, is it Friday already? I actually thought Friday would never come this week. After coming back to work from a 12-day vacation, this week draaaagged. But look! The weekend is here, and with it comes a sick baby and a weather forecast for 6-10 MORE inches of snow! Wheeeee! Jane seems to have some sort of virus thingy (that's the technical term, I believe), so we're off to the pediatrician's office in a hour to get what I'm sure will be a non-descript answer and a non-diagnosis. That's what happens with most of these virus things. Anywho, let me dig in my brain to think of the good stuff that happened this week:

*I returned to work. Sure, it's hard to think of this as a highlight, but the fact that unemployment rates higher than they've been in decades makes having a job - and the insurance that comes with it - a very good thing.

*The fact that Jane didn't spill that half-gallon of milk she pulled out of the fridge and was dragging around while I typed that last paragraph.

*The fact that Jane's vocal chords seem to be in full working order, based on the level of screaming she's doing because of removal of said half-gallon of milk from her hands.

*The snow isn't supposed to start until afternoon tomorrow, so I should be able to get in my four miles outside, instead of inside on the DREADED TREADMILL.

So there's a few things. Sure, they may not be spectacular, but hey, the first week of January isn't really aimed at creating spectacular moods, especially a week that feature a couple of snow and ice storms, and all you want to do is move to San Diego and be done with this. And by you, I mean me.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: