Thursday, April 27, 2006

Where the hell have you been?

And by "you," I mean "me." I haven't been blogging very much because things have been completely insane in my life. And since I know you want to hear all about it, I will tell you.

Work has been super-crazy. Lots going on and as usual, it all happens at once. There have been a couple later-than-normal nights this week, not to mention Saturday night, where we worked until 2 a.m. So there's that.

Also, I've got tons of theater stuff going on, particularly Falsettos, which opens next Friday, and for which I am running sound. Now, I've been involved with about 35 shows in my community theater career, but I've never really had to run sound. At the most, I've had to cue a couple of sound effects. But this is serious, with expensive mikes and headsets and a sound board and everything. Help! We are short on tech crew for this show and the producer desperately needed someone. So, yeah, that's me. We start Hell Week on Saturday, and then we have set build/paint/decorate all weekend, with rehearsals starting Sunday night and every night next week. Good Lord - I thought I said I was going to take a theater break!

In addition to that, I'm also in charge of publicity for this show, so I have had to mail out approx 150 flyers over the past couple of weeks, arrange for newspaper stories, send out press releases, etc. I'm happy because we will be getting some coverage for this show, which is nice.

So, really, that's it. Work and theater. Second verse, same as the first. I'm always complaining about the same thing, huh?

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Yay, I'm glad you're back!