Monday, December 27, 2010

reverb10 day 27: ordinary joy


Today's reverb10 prompt comes from author Brene Brown:
Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?
This is the part where I talk about how lucky we are to have a boat.
Three (wow - actually almost four) years ago, Greg decided he wanted to buy a boat. And, being Greg, it wasn't just any boat - it's a 44' Ocean SuperSport. He got his Captain's license, and, over the past three summers, we have become Boat People. We spend nearly every weekend at the boat, and pretty much all of Greg's free time, from April through October, is dedicated to the boat. I tend to complain about the boat, because it really has a tendency to take over our lives, but I know the truth - we are very lucky to have it.
The picture above shows a very typical ordinary moment for me during a nice summer weekend. Feet up, Diet Pepsi nearby, book in hand, relaxing. And everything is joyful about that.

5 comments:

Stereo said...

Wow, what a gorgeous, contented, perfect moment. And I have to admit the jealousy I feel about your boat ;)

ShanLeigh said...

Love the photo. It's sometimes the things we take for granted most of the time that sneak up and slap us upside the head with JOY. Thanks for sharing- reminds me of growing up on boats in the Seattle area and h0ow much I miss it!

CK said...

Lucky you :)

Anonymous said...

Wow.
My husband swears he'll never own one. I may have to change his mind.

Lizz said...

I miss my dad's boat. You're a lucky girl!
#reverb10