Happy Valentine’s Day, my dear readers!
I know lots and lots of people despise Valentine’s Day, but I’ve always really kind of loved it. My parents always got me little presents, and I love candy (those little conversation hearts are my second favorite holiday-themed candy, after candy corn), so what’s not to love about Valentine’s Day? Sure, I’ve spend many a holiday single and alone, but I really never made it much about romance anyway – just about who and what I love. So with that in mind, here are five things I’m loving right now (outside of my family and friends, because, really – DUH):
1) My RUMORS cast. Holy shit, they are awesome. Also, rehearsals. I’m totally loving rehearsals. Why? Because I have an awesome stage manager as well. And she is the organized one, so I don’t have to be. And that makes it so much fun.
2) The fact that I ran this morning. Outside. OK, OK, I also walked a lot. I walked much more than I ran. But I did run some, and that’s something, especially for me.
3) My new highlights. I don’t even have a picture guys, but don’t be mad. You probably couldn’t even see them in a picture. Greg couldn’t tell I got anything done. But I can tell. And I just needed something to spruce up my tired, pale self.
4) I have a four day weekend coming up. Sure, the reason I’m taking Friday off is because I am working tremendous hours Tuesday-Thursday, but still. Four day weekend! (We have Monday off for President’s Day.)
5) I was able to go to Jane’s Valentine’s Day party at school this morning. They had ice cream sundaes. I got to open her Valentine’s Day cards with her. They all decorated paper bags for their Valentines, and I have to say it was pretty damn cute. Also, ice cream.
BONUS: This tweet from @MayorEmanuel on Twitter yesterday: Fuck you, sun! Don't fucking set on us, you fucking gas-bastard.
Gas-bastard! I’m sorry, but that’s just funny.