Friday, February 04, 2011

weekend update.

Well, this has been a fun week of snow, then snow and some ice, and then more snow tomorrow. I managed to get into the office four out of five days this week, with only one work-from-home day, so that’s a pretty good record, at least this winter.

Bygones – because the weekend is here! And now, my ever-fascinating update on what I am doing:

Friday: I have my book club meeting tonight. We read the book Little Brother, which was all technology-filled and shit, but I liked it a lot anyway. Yup, that’s my review right now. I’m sure I will come up with better(ish) and more eloquent(ish) stuff to say tonight. I was an English major in college after all. And, as you know, I LOVE me some book club.

Saturday: Well. It’s supposed to snow/ice/slush tomorrow. So, basically, shoot me now. However, we are only supposed to get 3-6 inches, which may have had some impact back in November, but now just feels like a little dusting. I need to get some blocking work done for my show, and then I’m going to see my friend Tony in RENT tomorrow night with some friends. RENT is my all-time favorite musical, so I have very high hopes. I saw the show 22 times professionally, but only one other time since community groups got their hands on the rights. I feel very protective of that show, so I hope it’s great.

Sunday: I moved Sunday night’s rehearsal to Sunday afternoon because of the SuperBowl. See? I’m a nice director. I received notification this morning that there are some nerves regarding the sturdiness of the roof of our rehearsal hall (for those of you not living in CT – because of all of the snow and ice, roofs are collapsing everywhere. It’s awful.). So, instead, I am having rehearsal at my house. In my living room. It’s a big room, but still – this should be interesting. I hope everyone likes dogs and three year olds. And then we’re off to a SuperBowl party at night.


What are you doing this weekend? Do tell in comments!

2 comments:

designHER Momma said...

I'm hosting a super bowl party, but of course!

Have a great weekend!

Debra said...

Little Brother actually sounds really good; I may have to read that!

Reading your blog always reminds me how much I enjoy live theater. If you lived in Portland, OR and could only see two shows this year, which two would you see? As far as I can tell, Rent isn't in Portland this year.

I'm impressed by how the weather you've been getting doesn't seem to hobble you that much! We get a dusting & the city shuts down; it's embarrassing. ;)