Friday, February 18, 2011

weekend update.

There were a few moments this week that I didn't even think I'd get to Friday (see previous Misery Bear post). Although Misery Bear and I have very different types of jobs - my job is actually pretty unique and cool - there were many moments that I also wanted to stick a Post It note on my forehead that read "Kill Me." But it is all over now, I am more or less in one piece, and here we are, at the weekend! On tap:

Friday: I had today off, because of the aforementioned craziness. What a perfect day to have off too - it was sunny and 60 degrees - it felt like summer after the feet and feet of snow we've gotten over the past couple of months. I did some chores and went to lunch with my mommy. I also watched the season premiere of "Survivor" - did anyone else see this? It looks like an awesome season! Now I am watching Diego with Jane and just enjoying the fact I don't have to be anywhere else right now.

Saturday: We are having one of Jane's daycare peeps and her mom over in the morning. I'm kind of nervous because we're super low-key people and I always wonder what people must think of our crazy little troupe in this house, but hopefully it will be fun. I have begged everyone in the household to please keep the place clean for the next 15 hours. I particularly stressed this to the dogs.

We were supposed to go to a surprise birthday party for one of Greg's friends tomorrow night, but neither of us is really up for making small talk with people we haven't seen in years, so we might go to the movies instead, since a babysitter is already secured. Nice, right?

Sunday: Not sure what's on tap, except for rehearsal at night. Might drop by my neighbor's house, since her daughter's birthday present is four months overdue. Bad neighbor (me, not her).

Monday: Bonus holiday! Yup, I have a four-day weekend. It's like a mini-vacation! No plans yet for this day either. Might send Jane into daycare and have Amanda Day, or maybe I'll keep her home. Pretty much depends on how the next two days go.

What are YOU doing?

7 comments:

Kim said...

Opting out of extraneous small talk is always my choice, too.

We have Monday off here too but we aren't planners, so I have no idea what the weekend really looks like until I look back at it from the dread-point of Monday night. Mainly I need to finish a book that I want to review for my blog post tomorrow. That is my Huge Important Weekend Goal. (Because laundry doesn't deserve capitals.)

Brandee said...

I loved Misery Bear...so cute/sad. The contained fury was something I recognized from my last work experience.

We don't have the long weekend that you do. Yesterday was spent in the wind & rain, for our son's football game. This was good & bad - good, because I love watching our son play football, and rain is a rare enough occurrence here in Phoenix that we're almost required to enjoy it. It was bad because the temperature dropped almost twenty degrees in the space of 1/2 an hour, and we were woefully unprepared. Also, my hair does not play well with humidity. Vain, much? Why, yes!

Today, I am going to made an early foray to the grocery store, and put something together in the crock pot. I intend to spend the rest of the day reading & writing, with an occasional load of laundry mixed in.

So, hooray...first comment! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Brandee said...

Kim beat me to it! And Kim is correct...laundry does not deserve capitals!

Brandee said...

Kim beat me to it! And Kim is correct...laundry does not deserve capitals!

Amanda said...

You ladies rule.

Stereo said...

Sadly, I do not have Monday off and I'm extra late in commenting but this weekend was spent visiting IKEA, building furniture, rearranging things, slowly but surely making my house a little nicer. I also cooked, exercised and spent some QT with Mister so nothing spectacular but I loved it!

(there was also laundry but we hate laundry)

Jess said...

Yay for long weekends! I enjoyed mine by heading down south for some quality family time. Oh, and I went to the hairdressers and got bangs;-)

Btw...Love the part of your blog..."I have begged everyone in the household to please keep the place clean for the next 15 hours. I particularly stressed this to the dogs."...HAHA!