Saturday, June 17, 2006

weekend

OK it's the weekend. Why do I feel the need to itemize what I do on the weekends? I have no idea. But here goes:

Friday: I went to work, and then hung out with Greg and watched our Netflixed "Entourage" season 2 DVDs. Well, not all of them, but a pretty good chunk. Went out to dinner w/some friends later.

Saturday: Today we are doing yardwork. I am not one of those people who gets any sense of joy out of yardwork. For me it's a necessity, only so that the neighbors don't talk about us for having a shitty yard. Greg is currently cutting down two small trees in our front yard, which will improve things markedly, I think. I should be out there helping, and I will be, just as soon as I finish this. Not sure what we are doing tonight, because we cannot agree on a movie (he wants to see Superman; I don't. I gave up comic book movies a long time ago, as a result of another relationship in which half of us was comic-book focused. Hint: it wasn't my half). We'll figure something out, but I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be glamorous.

Sunday: It's supposed to be hot as a mo-fo tomorrow. Like, 97 degrees or something like that. We are going down to the beach to celebrate Father's Day with Greg's parents. I will probably be somewhat blue about the holiday - but perhaps I will be fine. This is the seventh Father's Day I have not been able to celebrate. So strange how time flies sometimes. Anyway. Then tomorrow night I have to go audition someone for Into the Woods who cannot make it to auditions next week because he'll be away.

And with that, my friends, I'm off to the yard.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Yay! I love your weekend reacps. It makes me feel like I still work with you because I might have heard all this while leaning on your doorway, just after getting off the elevator while trying to waste as much time as possible before going to my office. Sigh. Now I get to read it and reminisce instead.