Thursday, June 29, 2006

free time

I'm not a person who schedules a lot of free time in my life. For someone without kids, my life seems incredibly insane most of the time, mostly due to various theater projects, friend and family obligations, and of course, work. So having a free night is a somewhat rare thing. Usually, when I do have a free night, I have to catch up on the many hours of TV I Tivoed that week. But now that it's summer, my Tivo is on a bit of a break. Sure, I'm still recording "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report," as well as Kathy Griffin's "My Life on the D-List," among other things. But overall, my TV obligations have decreased dramatically over the past few weeks.

I'm discovering that that is a good thing. Now, I'm not knocking TV - and you will never hear me do that - but it's truly amazing how much free time I feel I have when I'm not watching it. Take tonight, for example. Now, tonight wasn't technically a free night - I had rehearsal for Into the Woods - but I was able to leave early, around 7:45. Since then, I went to Target to pick up some kids' toys for our Fourth of July fiesta, I played outside with the dogs for quite a while, chatted with the neighbors, did some laundry, caught up on my blog-reading, and now I'm writing this. And it's only 9:18! Amazing! Oooh...speaking of which, I really miss "The Amazing Race".....well, September is right around the corner.

No comments: