Friday, January 18, 2008

all dressed up and nowhere to go

Except that I'm not dressed up. But the other part is certainly correct, about the nowhere to go. It's been another rockin' Friday night in my household, watching DVR'ed "American Idol" and "Celebrity Apprentice." Dinner was a bowl of cereal. I gave Jane a bath and put her to bed a couple of hours ago, after she only finished half of her bottle. Which could very well mean she'll be up in the middle of the night because she's hungry. The very idea of having to get up and feed her makes me panic. I think after my experience of true sleep deprivation for many months in a row has made me very very anxious about returning to such a state. Not that I'm getting a whole lot of sleep now, but it's better than the hour or two a day I was getting last summer.

I have absolutely no plans for the weekend. I used to have plans. Remember when I had plans? When I would do my weekend update with all kinds of things going on? I can't plan for too much these days. It's not that I won't be busy, because I will. By Sunday night I won't even feel like I had a weekend. I'm just not sure what I'm going to be doing between now and then.

But I can guarantee six months ago I wasn't saying that my big Friday night plans were "American Idol" and bed by 10. Not that I'd trade it - because I definitely wouldn't - but lord, did I get boring quick.

1 comment:

Flann said...

Hey, don't feel so bad. My kidless-in-Boston self spent most of the weekend watching TV shows on DVD (24, Scrubs, Arrested Development).