Thursday, August 21, 2008

from the mailbox!

After my obvious cry for attention on Twitter, I received this email:

There's plenty I don't know about your life right now. Write about going to see Jersey Boys or about your Fabulous Female Friday Funtime you're having tomorrow night. Write about books you've loved or about crying while watching Tori Spelling. Write about what Jane's doing. Is she starting to walk?See? So many interesting things to write about.

OK, dear reader, I will answer your questions.

1) I went to see Jersey Boys last week. However, since that's filed under the topic of "work," I won't talk about it here. But it was fun being in the city, as always, despite the fact we got caught in a torrential downpour in Times Square, saw a man who most definitely didn't have his pants on correctly, and ate lunch at T.G.I. Fridays, embarrassingly enough. What? We were hungry!

2) Books. I read a lot of 'em. I can't think of anything coherent to write about any of them at this moment, so I will tell you that I'm currently reading "Obsession" by Jonathan Kellerman, and I'm finding it quite pleasing, if you are the murder-mystery type. Which I am.

3) My Fabulous Female Friday Funtime is indeed scheduled for tomorrow night, which means, unfortunately, that I can't make it to dear reader's jewelry party. I am going out with my friends Heather and Shelly - two of my oldest and best friends - and this is very exciting and highly unusual, considering, between us, we have five kids (Heather has three of them). So getting out of the house, sans families, is particularly awesome. I'm very much looking forward to this, which is why I'm terrified something will happen to make me have to cancel.

4) Yeah, yeah, the other night I cried while watching "Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood." Yes, this is a Tori Spelling reality show. Yes, I should hate myself for watching it. But, whatever, I became addicted last summer when I was up 24/7 with Jane, and truly, it's kind of a cute show. Anyway, they were showing a memorial service she had when her dog Mimi died, and it was quite sad. It was also quite fancy, with butterflies being released and party favors and what not, but hey, that's Hollywood.

5) Jane is currently sleeping. Other than that, no, she's not walking yet. She pulls herself up and creeps along the furniture, but no walking thus far. And to be honest, I'm not rushing it. I know I will never sit down when she starts walking, not that I do much now, because dang, that girl crawls fast.

She is moving to a bigger kids' room at daycare in September, and they gave me a whole list of new supplies she will need. In this room they will encourage cup use instead of bottle, table food instead of baby food, one nap instead of two (this scares me the most). The whole thing has me very emotional because it's a big change and transition for her, and since she's now firmly in the "stranger anxiety" phase of life, I'm afraid she'll have a tough time. Every day we drop her off at daycare, her face turns red and the big crocodile tears come. So we feel like shit for the rest of the day; meanwhile, she cheers up about four seconds after we walk out the door, according to her teachers.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

lgaumond said...

Yay! All of my questions answered. Maybe you could have Q & A Fridays and I can write in and ask you what you've been up to all week.

Dwayne "The Train" said...

Because I had the honor of being invited to read your blog, I feel like I should comment every now and then. So I have some follow-up questions to your posting:

1. By not having “his pants on correctly” do you mean that he was naked?

2. Murder mysteries, really? Why am I surprised by this? I thought you only read People and US Weekly.

3. Is Junior watching Jane while you’re out?

4. No questions, just a comment: even though you may not hate yourself for watching this show, just know that I hate you for watching this show. And by hate, I mean, lost all respect for you.

5. Is crawling an Olympic sport; if so, has Jane been training?

PS: Aren’t you glad you invited me to read your blog?

Amanda said...

To answer Dwayne's questions:

1) His pants were around his ankles, with various bits on display, if you know what I'm talking about, and I think you do.

2)I also read US Weekly and People. But, yes, also real books. I do have an English degree, you know.

3) Yes.

4) So how's Dancing With The Stars going?

5) Jane could totally medal in a crawling competition.

PS Obviously.

Dwayne "The Train" said...

Thanks for answering…good stuff.

Just to clarify, it’s not Dancing with the Stars, it’s So You Think You Can Dance…which I watch because it’s art. That Whori Spelling show is…well…not art.

By the way, Laguna Beach and The Hills and The Real World vs. Road Rules are art too.