Tuesday, September 07, 2010

riding around with the car top down and the radio on




When I was in high school, I didn't have a car. Sure, sometimes I borrowed my father's Buick Le Sabre or my mother's Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, but, when going out on a Friday or Saturday night (to somewhere cool like the mall or Friendly's or Taco Bell), I would often have to rely on my friends' cars. Or, more specifically, my friends' parents' cars. Even more specifically, quite often my friend Christine's father's Lincoln Town Car. This thing was a boat. We would often squeeze four people in the front seat. I remember one time we wedged 11 (ELEVEN) people in that car. Good times. Not exactly safe times, but good times.

This is what I was thinking of while I watched Jane and her friend Olivia joyriding this weekend.

1 comment:

Debra said...

"Joy Riding" lol!