Friday, April 15, 2011

signing off for another weekend.

OK, let’s call it what it is – I have been slacking off massively when it comes to blogging. I’m just not feeling it these days. But I’ve totally been keeping up with your blog. Yours too. And your Tweets? Love ‘em. But me? I have been pathetic. Things continue to be busy ‘round here. I had a board meeting this week with my theater group, and it was decided that we are going to be doing The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, which is a super-fun show. Not quite sure what my involvement will be - I am not directing this summer because I wanted to take a break, and work will be busy enough – but I’ll definitely be involved in one way or another. Because I can’t stay away.

Last night I went to happy hour with my work peeps and realized how much I like to go to happy hour with my work peeps. Also, I went to see a student production of How to Succeed… that my friend directed. So all in all, it’s been a very busy week.

This weekend? Well, I am going to fancy myself some sort of domestic goddess and do a lot of cleaning in preparation for Easter. Yes, this is the opposite of fun but it has to be done, and I am happy there are no trips to NYC this weekend (woe is me, woe is me, I KNOW), as there were for the past two weekends. BECAUSE, while they are lots of fun, they take the piss out of me (figuratively). I really need to hang around the homestead and make it look decent for our impending guests next weekend. We also have a party to go to for my friend’s 40th birthday. Because apparently my friends are turning 40 now. Which is….interesting. I, of course, won’t be turning 40 for many, many more years.

This is the last full weekend of Lent, and thus, my last full weekend of attempting to stay totally off the Internet. Wish me luck! I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes time away from blogging is good as it feeds you for when you are ready to blog again. We all need those breaks. Glad you had another nice weekend. Time out with friends is a good thing! :)

Jess said...

Three cheers for domestic goddessness! I like to call those "Martha Moments". Because as daunting as all the cleaning and preparation is, once the event goes off smoothly and beautifully enough to make even Martha Stewart proud, it's totally worth it;-)