Wednesday, June 01, 2011

edit.

One of the reasons I haven't been around here much is I have been editing a book for a friend of mine. A couple of months ago, she put it out on Facebook that she was looking for a book editor for a memoir/advice book she was going to self-publish. No one was answering, so I told her that I was, in fact, not a book editor, but I DO edit lots of things for work, so I would have a look at her draft if she still wanted someone.

So over the past few weeks, in the spare hour I have sort-of-to-myself between Jane's bathtime and bedtime, I have been working my way through the book. I have about six pages to go (I know, I know, you're like, SIX PAGES, WOMAN? That's nothing! But it is, when you are editing, especially when your brain is scrambled from the rest of the day's activities). I plan on finishing today or tomorrow, and then I will be back here, rambling about the stupid shit I usually do. For example, I will tell you how I think Jane is plotting the death of my face, and how she implemented phase one AND two of her plan over the past week.

Thank you for your patience and your encouragement via Twitter and comments! I heart you guys big time. Almost as much as I heart the delicious summer weather we've been having 'round these parts.

4 comments:

ShanLeigh said...

Good for you for doing that for your friend. I bet she is so grateful.

Unknown said...

Very cool! We're still here! And we'll be here when you get back!

Stereo said...

You know what you've done, right? Put yourself out there as an editor. I'm coming to you. And you have nobody to blame but yourself. Missed you!

lgaumond said...

In honor of your return to blogging, I think it might be time for a new blog banner. What do you think?