Friday, September 07, 2012

here's to the freakin' weekend.



With apologies to my Facebook friends who have already seen this photo, I wanted to post it here too, because seriously, what a happy moment. Look at those baby goats! This pic was taken by my friend Todd at a farm we went to last weekend.

What a whirlwind week this has been, guys. Kindergarten transition seems to be going fairly well. Jane is being shy with the other kids, so of course my fear is that she'll have no friends (I always like to give myself something big and tragic to worry about to ensure insomnia and stomachaches). But overall she is really doing great. Participating in class, likes her teacher, getting on the bus like it's no big deal...we're lucky (tap wood).

In the meantime I've flipped my work hours to afternoons, so I'm going into work at noon instead of 8:30. Now the mornings are busy with Jane, chores and cleaning, and it's weird to be going to work AFTER I do all of that business, since I got so used to doing my life stuff during the afternoons when I went part-time last year. In addition, next week brings the beginning of Jane's dance classes, two nights of auditions for the variety show I'm co-directing this month, curriculum night at Jane's school....so yeah. Summer's over.

Truth? I love being busy. I love having a crazy schedule. I don't like having excessive free time. This is something major I've learned about myself over the pst year. I feed on insanity. Does this mean I'm insane? Probably.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: