Friday, February 01, 2013

weekend update: holy shit, it's February edition.


Please don’t think I haven’t noticed that the bulk of my posts so far this year have been weekend updates. I have, believe me. But unless you want to hear about how much my skin is freaking out this winter (I’m pretty sure you don’t) or how much I can’t wait for Jane’s school schedule to normalize next year (oh yeah, I’ve already gone on and on about that) or how much I loathe the dark cold and can’t wait for summer (ditto ditto ditto), I really don’t have much else to say.

In non-redundant news, I’m still recovering from the DRAMA of last Sunday’s Downton Abbey (OMG), but, you know, I don’t want to spoil it. OH, and I got the rights to the show I’m directing this spring (You Can’t Take It With You), so I’m super-psyched about THAT. In weather news this week, it snowed, rained, was sunny, was nearly 60 degrees, was mega-windy (60 MPH winds), and was freaking cold. Ah, New England, you crazy lady.

This upcoming weekend is a busy one. Tonight I’m going to see a show called Almost, Maine with my Beth, and I’m super-excited to go see some theater that is not of the community variety. (No offense, community theater, you know I love you and all.) We’re going out to dinner before, so basically it’s like a hot date. Jealous? You should be.

Tomorrow is stupidly packed. Getting my hair cut in the morning, thank God, as this whole “growing out my bangs” project is getting a little ridiculous and I need some guidance how not to look like a jackass every day of my life. Then I have to bring Jane to a birthday party for one of her school friends at one of those jump zone places, and then we all go to a surprise 40th party for another friend of ours. The fact that there are not one but TWO cake opportunities tomorrow is clearly tomorrow’s highlight.

I hear there is some major sporting event on Sunday. We will celebrate this by going to a house party, eating cheesy foodstuffs, and watching commercial s and Beyonce.

How ’bout you?

3 comments:

Kim said...

Weekend update for me: tryna get on a train, but can't yet; also, nosebleed.

I've only ever seen the movie for You Can't Take It With You; is the play pretty close? I'm so excited for you!!

Unknown said...

Dry skin? I have that from Winter. I am NOW using Coconut Oil for my lotion and for my face. BEST STUFF EVER! I will never ever buy expensive facial crap again. Seriously. Downton Abbey rocks this year. It grabs you by the throat, the soul, the heart and shakes the hell out of you. LOVE it.

Unknown said...

oh my dear you could never look like a jackass.