Sunday, June 15, 2008

And now, the answers to Alan's Big Birthday Quiz!!!

1) Despite a thorough dislike for the Barenaked Ladies, Alan is Canadian, and, because Jane is 1/someteenth percent French-Canadian, he is her Canadianfather. This is true. Alan is quite proud of his Canadianism, what with his spelling of words like "honour" and "colour" and saying "eh" a lot. Well, that last part isn't true, but I wish it was. And because of the fact that I don't know what French-Canadian really means, he has agreed to guide Jane in the world of all wonderful Canadian things. Which, I personally believe, includes the Barenaked Ladies.

2) Alan is well and truly obsessed with musicals, and, in particular, the musical RENT. Alan despises most musicals, and one that is close to the top of the list is RENT, despite the fact that HE'S NEVER SEEN IT. Does this seem strange to anyone else? He just thinks he won't like it. He only likes a limited few musicals, including Avenue Q, and soon, [title of show].

3) Alan has an unhealthy obsession - nay, hatred - for squirrels. Yeah, this is true, and it's a little weird. He plots against these fluffy intruders in his backyard. A recent post in his blog documents a squirrel doing some sort of ab crunches in his yard. See? Weird.

4) Alan loves birds, and would sit in his backyard and observe them all day if he could. Again, true, and again, weird. But I guess we all have to have hobbies.

5) Alan wears a lab coat to work every day. This is true, and I think it's so cool. Alan is a scientist, and he concocts potions all day. Actually, the potion part may or may not be true, but I like to believe it's true, and he's kind enough to let me believe it.

6) Alan is a huge reality television fan, and would just DIE if he missed Survivor every week. This is not true. Are you starting to wonder how we are even friends? Todd, of ToddandAlan, does watch a lot of reality TV however, so thankfully I have someone to talk to about Survivor, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, etc, when we all go out.

7) Alan goes to church every Sunday, no ifs, ands or buts about it. This is hilariously not true. In fact, I'm honored - wait - HONOURED - that Alan came to my wedding ceremony in a Catholic church!

8) Alan co-starred with me in one of my all-time favorite theatrical experiences, SCT's production of Love Letters. He is also starring in STAR TREK: THE KLINGTASTIC MUSICAL (aka The Twilight Zone) at Hole in the Wall Theater this summer. All true. Love Letters was such an awesome experience, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. And I can't wait to see Alan in his Spock ears in STTKM (aka TTZ).

9) Alan is my number-one e-mail buddy, and when he goes on vacation (which he and his main squeeze, Todd, do unusually often) I make him send me a postcard because I'm so blue when he's gone. This is true. Alan hears all about the exciting details of my day, including what I had for lunch, what I'm doing that night, what sickness Jane now has. He is a lucky, lucky man. And I do insist upon a postcard, just so I can be even more jealous of all of their vacations. Of course, it should be noted that about 80% of my postcards come from Canada.

10) Alan sometimes wishes he was a little girl, just so he could sing "Tomorrow" in Annie. True. OK, False, but it would be a lot funnier if it were true. Someday when you're at my house, remind me to show you the Annie squirrel that ToddandAlan gave me for my birthday one year.

11) Alan turns the big 4-0 tomorrow! HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY, ALAN!!!!!! True, and despite the fact that he doesn't really care much about birthdays, I do, and I couldn't let this one go by without a little extra recognition! I hope you have a great day!!

2 comments:

Alan said...

Hey! I scored pretty well!

:)

Alan said...

I did have a very nice day. The family visit has been fun and I've had a blast with my three-year-old niece!