Monday, May 25, 2009

weekend. recap.







This was a pretty good weekend, all in all. We were so busy and I felt like I never really sat down, but nevertheless. It was good. It makes me desperate for more time off - I need it so badly.

Saturday morning I met my friend Heather and her three kids at a nearby reservoir and hiked around. Jane was content in her stroller the entire time, which was truly shocking. Heather's twins decided to go missing for a bit there, so that part wasn't so great, but it was just nice to be able to find something that two adults, two 7 year olds, one almost three year old and one almost two year old would enjoy together. Later on Saturday, Greg and I went down to the boat, and managed to take it out on our own without any assistance. I was tying ropes and shit, people. Big times. The weather wasn't too good and we hit some choppy water, and Jane didn't have all that much fun (22 month olds are suprisingly cranky when they are required to sit in one place for long periods of time -who knew?), but we made it.

Sunday I had a production meeting and then the first rehearsal for my show. Good lord, do we have a lot of work to do. We have such an awesome cast and I still think this has the potential to be one of the best shows I've ever done, but the score is insane and there is a lot that has to be done between now and eight weeks from now...wait...less than eight weeks from now. Yipes!

Today we went back down to the boat, and my mom and brother came too. Much nicer weather, and much nicer ride. It was so glorious out today. It makes me very weepy sad that I have to go back to work tomorrow, for an especially long day. Sigh.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Im impressed that you took your daughter on a boat...Im still too chicken to try it with Cassidy!