Friday, January 15, 2010

weekend: potty edition.

If you've had the unfortunate experience of talking to me in person over the past couple of weeks, you are more than aware that I plan to cold-turkey potty train Jane this weekend. As in, no diapers, just pants, and what I am sure will be excessive puddles around my house, not to mention other messes. I in no way expect her to actually be completely potty trained by the end of this three-day weekend; in fact, I fear she will not care at all when she is sitting in cold, pee-soaked clothes (see, the wet clothes are supposed to make the kid want to pee in the potty. Jane has never really cared if her diapers are soaked to the max, so I am afraid wet pants will be nothing to her.). I do plan on using the tried-and-true-by-other-people M&M reward system - an M&M for every potty success. What I think will end up happening will be me stuffing fistfuls of M&Ms in my mouth and crying out of sheer frustration.

So, as you can see, I'm very excited.

We won't be leaving the house this weekend, so I'm not even going to pretend like I have a lineup of fun stuff to do. However, tonight I am going to my book club meeting, and, suffice to say, I expect it to be the highlight of my weekend (unless, in fact, Jane does get even moderately potty trained). We will be discussing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and will be joined by our newest member, Alan. Oh yeah, Alan used to have a blog, but he has appeared to unceremoniously stop posting. Apparently he has trouble with goodbyes.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Dwayne "The Train" said...

i look forward to hearing how many times jane wets herself over this weekend. it now have reason to come into work next week...