Friday, March 05, 2010

this blog sucks!

I love, love, love reading blogs. But man oh man, this blog sucks lately! Mainly, I think it's because I'm incredibly boring. See, right now it's Friday night, about 8:30 p.m., and I just finished watching "The Office" and now I'm watching today's "Oprah." I will probably go to bed in about an hour.

But it's Friday! Which means it's the weekend! And we are going on a road trip! To NEW JERSEY! (I do believe all of these exclamation marks are necessary - this is only the third overnight road trip we've taken with Jane.) We are going to see Greg's old college roommate, his wife, and their new baby. This is, of course, unless Jane wakes up with a cold. We've been strictly forbidden to show up bearing illness.

Getting ready for this trip has taken me two freaking days. As with everything else, I blame Jane. I just don't know how to prepare for a trip to a house that is very, very nice and certainly not childproofed yet. I'm bringing coloring books, books, a few small toys - but other than that, I am really just hoping that 50-degree forecast is really true, so she can spend some quality time outdoors with their three dogs.

So that's my weekend. What are you up to?

2 comments:

Shane said...

This blog does not suck. I do not read things that suck, and I am offended that you would imply that I do.

lgaumond said...

Don't feel bad. I don't have a kid, yet my rockin Friday night plans consisted of a trip to the grocery store and painting our guest room. My life, envy it.

I hope you have a great trip! Just relax and don't assume that everyone thinks the worst. They have a baby and they invited Jane with the full knowledge that she was a toddler. Just go with it and have fun!