Friday, May 06, 2011

friday randoms.

I have thought often about this blog this week. I have really wanted to post; but I didn’t feel like I had much to say. I was going to post a couple of cute pics instead, but that’s cheating, isn’t it? So I’ve been quiet ‘round these parts. But I’ve been reading your blogs! Promise.

This has felt like the longest week ever. And I really don’t know why. I’ve been tired and cranky and blah. (Probably another reason why I didn’t post is because I don’t think you really want to hear about how tired and cranky and blah I am. AGAIN.) So I am relieved it’s Friday.

I am going to an Idina Menzel concert tonight. Despite being tired (whoops – there I go again) I am getting pretty excited about it. She is a big Broadway star and has her own albums and was on “Glee,” but I will always love her the most for being the original Maureen in RENT, the first Maureen I ever saw, my favorite, way back in 1997. (Remember, I have seen this show 22 times, so I have a thing or two to say about RENT.)She can belt the shit out of songs, so tonight should be fun.

I have to work tomorrow morning – can’t say I’m extra psyched about working on a Saturday morning, but what can you do? I’m the idiot who volunteered to do it. Why do these things seem like such good ideas two months in advance? Oh well. After that I think I’m going to help Greg move the boat from its winter home to its summer home (finally). Boats? Are a shit-ton of work.

Sunday is Mother’s Day. We are going to my mother’s house (natch), as are my siblings, for breakfast. I assume we will also see my mother-in-law this weekend, as it is both Mother’s Day and her birthday. Greg’s family isn’t as much into holidays and birthdays (I do not understand this for the life of me at all) so who knows, maybe we won’t. Aside from that, Mother’s Day will consist of being a mother, along with getting ready to go to NYC next week for a conference. I’ll tell you more about that next week – very cool.

What are you up to these days?

1 comment:

Brandee said...

Sorry you have to work, but it does sound like you have some nice things planned for Mother's Day. I've never seen "Rent" though I would like to. Enjoy the show, and don't worry about what you write or don't...we all have those blah periods.

We have football, in-laws and hopefully some down time this weekend. It's supposed to cool off a bit over the next several days, here in AZ, so we're happy about that.

Have a good weekend!