Friday, May 20, 2011

more coherent, you say?

I did, in fact, promise a more coherent blog post earlier this week. I'm not sure if this is going to be it, but it's something.

I was having a chat with my friend and former commenter on this blog, Dwayne. (He does not comment anymore. I assume because he hates me.) Anyway, I was talking with him about my blogging frustrations (I don't think I have anything to write about, my life is boring, I'm having a mid-life crisis, etc) and he said I should write about my opinions on current events instead of blogging about my personal life. And then I came up with the ingenuious idea of having a "Douchebag of the Week" - but I think it's only because there are some egregious douchebags out there this week. So, for now, I give you my current list:

DOUCHEBAG(S) OF THE WEEK!
Arnold Schwartzenegger
The IMF guy (I can't remember his name. But I'm not going to waste a moment of my life Googling the name of a rapist. "Allegedly.")
This shitty CT weather
Jane's bedtime routine

And, really, do I even have to explain why I chose them?

So I think my Douchebag of the Week idea isn't going to really further this blog along as much as I'd like.

Perhaps I will tell you the things I am obsessing on this week. You know, pop culturally. So, here we go:

POP CULTURALLY THINGS I AM OBSESSING ON THIS WEEK
The Book of Mormon soundtrack (oh, the poor people who need to hear me talk about this show all the time)
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (I watched five eps in a row last night, and it was a simply delicious way to spend an evening)
Bridesmaids, and how much I want to see this movie. You know, in the theater. Like people do.

Yeah - I don't think this idea is going to go anywhere either.

So if there is anything you'd like to see me write about on this here blog, please let me know. For the betterment of the people, and everything.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

ShanLeigh said...

Blog about whatever the hell you like. I love reading it all.

But I love DB of the week. LOVE IT. You'll never run out of content with that one.

So many douchebags, so little time.

Dwayne "The Train" said...

ok. this was not what i had in mind. i wanted some deep, moving commentary on the current world, not just a list of boring stuff you constantly talk about already. come on, tell me what you think. i mean, you didn't even mention the rapture--that's a gold mine of awesomeness for you to comment on.

nice try, but i expect better in the future.

PS: i saw bridesmaids and it's pretty fcking hilarious--well, at least as hilarious as a bunch of women can be.