Tuesday, February 07, 2012

hey girl, and other nonsense.

I had a fabulous weekend up until the point I threw up on Sunday night, shortly after returning home from our Super Bowl festivities. No, it wasn’t from drinking; I seem to have a bit of a stomach bug. I stayed home from work yesterday but went back today, despite not quite being 100%. Thing is, as the new girl, I have to wait until I complete six months of employment before I can use any time off (sick, personal, vacation), so either I will make up my hours from Monday or take them unpaid. Let’s hope March 14 comes quickly (my six monthivarsary).

I spent a good deal of my weekend catching up on Downton Abbey, my absolute favorite new show. I know it’s not new, really, but it is to me, and I am completely and totally obsessed. I just want to live in 1900s England now – is that too much to ask? (Of course, this is obviously not really true, as the life of a woman during those times – whether you were a fancypants or a servant – was not ideal, but everything was so proper in a way I find very appealing. Obviously, I am in no way proper in my real life, so maybe this is just the stomach bug talking. Either way, I adore this show.)

 I recorded Smash last night, and I certainly don’t have to explain to you what this is, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a show more heavily promoted. What I will say is that it seems like it was created just for my own personal nerdtacular Broadway-loving entertainment, so I have extremely high hopes. I heard it starts off a bit slow, but picks up after a couple of episodes, and ratings were good last night. Never mind – if I can stick with the shitstorm that is Glee, I can certainly stick with this. And I know, I know, I could have watched it on iTunes for the past month, but I never got to it, OK?

 And, oh hell, now that this is obviously just an update on my television watching, I will tell you that I am counting down the days until I get my Don Draper fix on March 25, when Mad Men returns after an EIGHTEEN MONTH break. Did you hear the premiere will be two hours? One hundred and twenty minutes of Don Draper? Please and thank you.

 And speaking of completely hot guys, has anyone seen those Ryan Gosling “Hey Girl” memes around and about? This is my favorite favorite (as it speaks to my past job quite well, and my current one in terms of marketing and PR, and has made me laugh an inordinate amount over the past few days).

Hope you’re having a healthy start to your week. What’s shakin’ in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

Dwayne "The Train" said...

murder

Stereo said...

Didn't you throw up after Thanksgiving too? I am worried.

DON DRAPER CANNOT BE EXCUSED FOR HIS PHILANDERING WAYS.