Sunday, April 29, 2007

three movies

I caught up on my movie rentals this weekend, and saw and recommend these three:

Notes on a Scandal - Yeah, it's pretty messed up to watch Cate Blanchett have a love affair with a 15-year-old, but Judi Dench rocks it in this movie. It's pretty much depressing but still good.

The Queen - Interesting to see what all of the fuss was about with Helen Mirren taking on the role of the Queen of England during the time of Princess Diana's death. Although I was obviously aware of when she died, I wasn't really invested in it, so it was interesting to see it from this perspective.

Stranger Than Fiction - Definitely a good idea for Will Ferrell to do a movie like this, where he plays a more serious, "normal" character. There are some sad parts, but I really liked this movie a lot. Also, I heart Emma Thompson.

1 comment:

Flann said...

I loved loved loved STF. I want to be Maggie Gyllenhaal's character.