Friday, April 13, 2007

you know what? I take it back

In re-reading my last post, I just want to smack myself. You see, I promised myself that I wouldn't be one of those pregnant ladies who complain about the whole thing all the time. And in real life, I've really tried not to. But putting it out there on the internets is the same thing. There are so many women who try so hard to get pregnant, and go through painful fertility treatments, sometimes for years at a time and with no luck, and I have had it relatively easy in comparison. There have been some scares throughout, and I feel like I have a right to complain about those things (which I have not really done on the internets) but I can't bear to listen to/read myself complain about stuff like leg cramps and bloating. Because, geez. It's not like I didn't expect these things. So I take it back.

PS: Re:Melissa and Lisa's comments on my last post - having a little rump on your bladder is the CRAZIEST feeling ever. You feel like you're going to pee right there on the spot! I'm not complaining - I'm just sayin'. It's nuts!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I don't consider what you're saying as complaining. You're going through a crazy-ass change and things are happening to you that never have happened before. It's interesting and weird and I enjoy hearing about it.

Tell me about your swollen anlkes and your indigestion, I want to hear it. You're not complaining about being pregnant, you're discussing pregnancy's weird side-effects. Unfortunately, most of those side effects aren't the greatest so most of the talk seems like a complaint.

If pregnancy caused wonderful things like an improvement in eyesight or a sudden brilliant whiteness of your teeth, you'd discuss that too! Unfortunately, it's more along the lines of back pain and stretch marks, but I think that talking about that stuff is an honest thing to do.

And trust me, a friend of mine tried for years to get pregnant, finally got pregnant, and then proceeded to whine about it for nine months. They're no holier than you naturally fertile women are.