Sunday, March 25, 2007

my weekend at the thea-tah

This was a pretty theatrical weekend for me. Friday night I went to see Wit at Hole in the Wall, starring my friends and fellow thespians, Todd and Alan. It's a play about a woman who is dying of ovarian cancer - you know, a show that's just begging to make you laugh. I jest- but actually, there were a decent number of humorous moments, as promised. The woman playing the lead character was excellent - so many lines to memorize and so many emotions to cover - I definitely don't think I'm ready for that level of performing yet. In fact, I know it. Todd and Alan were very good, although Todd's character was kind of a jerk. Well, maybe not a jerk -just obsessed with his career. Anywho, there are a couple of weekends left, so go see it.

Yesterday my mother and I took our annual trip to New York City to see a show. This year we went to see The Drowsy Chaperone. It's about a man who loves old-time Broadway musicals, and while listening to a recording of one of his favorites, it comes to life in his living room. It's very clever, especially the parts that poke fun at theater itself. The first line made me laugh - "I hate theater." A great way to start a show! The weather was good for our trip, which was a miracle, because usually it pours. My mother bought the impending baby a little Yankees outfit, which is sure to enrage all of the Red Sox fans in my life.

Today I've been cleaning like a madwoman and trying to get ready for our trip. We have a couple of different people staying at our house and it really needs a cleaning. Tonight I have to stop by Grease rehearsal to drop some stuff off (thereby completing my theatrical weekend). We leave on Tuesday, so if I don't blog before then, have a spectacular week!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. The weather was BEAUTIFUL on Saturday. Have fun in San Diego!